Biological Synthesis of Sophorolipids Using Yeast, Their Application As An Antimicrobial Agent, And their Usage As Capping And Reducing Agents For The Synthesis of Metal Nanoparticles.
Dr. Bhagavatula L. V. Prasad Information Under Updation*
- Project code : BT/PR0015/NNT/28/92/2007
- Designation : Scientist G
- Department :Materials Chemistry Division
- Affiliation : CSIR National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- Contact No. :912025902013
- Email Id :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sanctioned Amt :Rs. 77,39,012/-
- Sanctioned Date :2007-11-01
- Completion Date :2010-11-01
- Web Url : http://academic.ncl.res.in/profile/pl.bhagavatula
- Project Status :Completed
Objectives of the Study
1. Utilization of sophorolipids derived from fatty acids (both commercially available and synthesized in the laboratory) to prepare and stabilize the metal nanoparticles either by using them as surfactants or by using them as reducing agents for metal ions. Alternatively these also can be used for phase transferring organically dispersed metal nanoparticles to aqueous media.