Studies on Ecotoxicology of Engineered Nanoparticles in Selected Marine Organisms.
Dr. Radhika Rajashree Information Under Updation*
- Project code : BT/PR10014/NNT/28/91/2007
- Designation : Scientist-E
- Department :Centre for Ocean Research
- Affiliation : Sathyabama University
- Email Id :email@example.com
- Sanctioned Amt :Rs. 16,40,032/-
- Sanctioned Date :2007-12-10
- Completion Date :2009-12-10
- Web Url : http://www.sathyabamauniversity.ac.in/phd/supervisordetail.php?ref=96092
- Project Status :Completed
Objectives of the Study
1. To assess the toxicity of water-soluble fullerene and Tio2 to environmentally relevant marine invertebrate and vertebrate species.
Proposed outcomes of the study
The proposed study will be the first in India to analyze ecotoxicological effects of nanoparticles. The releveance of the same can not be overstated given the extremely high levels of pollution caused by effluent discharges into the coastal waters from metropolis and industrial towns in India. The indiscriminate and unregulated adoption of newer technologies with greatest with scant regard for their environmental and social externalities is the greatest threat to sustainable develoment. The study will also be relevant as a pioneering effort in an enviromentally pertinent issue and will pave the way for build up of a knowledge base regarding biological effects of a form of chemical species that have come to dominate the fileds of commericla application in rescent times and show great potential for increase usage in ever increasing applications in the future.see more details