Studies on Ecotoxicology of Engineered Nanoparticles in Selected Marine Organisms.
Dr. Radhika Rajashree Information Under Verification By PI.*
- Project code : BT/PR10014/NNT/28/91/2007
- Designation :Scientist-E
- Department :Centre for Ocean Research
- Affiliation :Sathyabama University
- Email Id :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sanctioned Amt :Rs. 16,40,032/-
- Sanctioned Date :2007-12-10
- Completion Date :2009-12-10
- Web Url : http://www.sathyabamauniversity.ac.in/phd/supervisordetail.php?ref=96092
Summary of The Proposed Outcome.
The proposed study will be the first in India to analyze ecotoxicological effects of nanoparticles. The releveance of the same can not be overstated given the extremely high levels of pollution caused by effluent discharges into the coastal waters from metropolis and industrial towns in India. The indiscriminate and unregulated adoption of newer technologies with greatest with scant regard for their environmental and social externalities is the greatest threat to sustainable develoment. The study will also be relevant as a pioneering effort in an enviromentally pertinent issue and will pave the way for build up of a knowledge base regarding biological effects of a form of chemical species that have come to dominate the fileds of commericla application in rescent times and show great potential for increase usage in ever increasing applications in the future.
1. The release of newly synthesized nanopartilcle as a product from different industries is responsible for imbalance of aquatic ecosystems and marine population that leads to deterioration of rare aquatic fauna so the current study acts a foundation on conducting clinical trials in aquatic environment in the field of toxicology.
1 Radhika Rajasree S.R., Ganesh Kumar V., Stanley Abraham L. and Inbakandan D. Studies on The Toxicological Effects of Engineered Nanoparticles in Environment - A Review International Journal on Applied Bioengineering 2010, 4, 44-53
2 S. R. Radhika Rajasree, V. Ganesh Kumar, L. Stanley Abraham and N. Manoharan Assessment on the Toxicity of Engineered Nanoparticles on the Lifestages of Marine Aquatic Invertebrate Artemia Salina International Journal of Nanoscience 2011, 10, 1153-1159
2 JRF 1 Other