Elicitor-loaded nanoparticles for crop protection.
Prof. Appa Rao Podile * Verified.
- Project code : BT/PR12859/NNT/28/437/2009
- Designation :ProfessorVice-Chancellor, University of Hyderabad
- Department :Department of Plant Sciences
- Affiliation :University of Hyderabad
- Contact No. :9100655777
- Email Id :email@example.com
- Sanctioned Amt :Rs. 78,32,000/-
- Sanctioned Date :2010-09-18
- Completion Date :2014-09-17
- Web Url : http://sls.uohyd.ac.in/faculty/ARP-CV-2018.pdf
Summary of The Proposed Outcome.
- Chitosan nanoparticles (CSNPs) and harpin-loaded CSNPs (H-CSNPs) were prepared and characterized
- Induced defense response in tomato was compared between proteinaceous elicitor harpin and the H-CSNPs
- Stability of nanoparticles was evaluated over a period of 90 days
- Studied transcriptome changes in tomato up on treatment with harpin, CSNPs and H-CSNPs
- Tracked the route of entry of CSNPs and localization of harpin by laser confocal microscopy
- Tested harpin and H-CSNPs in inhibiting disease caused by Rizoctonia Solani in tomato using leaf disc assay.
1 Sandhya Rani Nadendla, T. Swaroopa Rani, Papa Rao Vaikuntapu, Rajesh Rao Maddu and Appa Rao Podile HarpinPss encapsulation in chitosan nanoparticles for improved bioavailability and disease resistance in tomato Carbohydrate Polymers 2018, 199, Nov-19
1 Appa Rao Podile and Sandhya Rani Nadendla Biopesticide compositions comprising stable harpinPss loaded chitosan nanoparticles and methods thereof 2017, Indian patent 201741034005,
One Junior research fellow
One technical assistantOne laboratory attendant